Here is a quick update on the White Sea Bass Program for CCA CAL members…
HSWRI has been making their winter deliveries of baby White Sea Bass these first two weeks of December.
Fish have already been delivered to Southwest Yacht Club, Channel Islands Harbor and Marina Del Rey. Newport Beach will get their fish on Monday December 12th and King Harbor will receive them on the 17th. Catalina will receive a delivery at some point during the week of the 19th.
These fish will “winter over” at most of the grow-out facilities until they are about 8” long, with a release in the early spring of 2017.
The Sea Bass in the Class Room program will be releasing their fish in the next few weeks as scheduled.
The San Diego school schedule is as follows, weather permitting:
- Helix High School on Dec. 3rd
- Preuss High School on Dec. 12th at Crown Point
- Mater Dei CHS on Dec.16th at La Jolla Shores for a kayak release at 9:30am
- Mission Bay High School on Dec. 16th (no details)
The Orange County school schedule is as follows, weather permitting:
- Huntington Beach High School at 3pm. (no details)
- Los Alamitos High School at 2:45pm (no details)
- Warner Middle School at 9:am (no details)
The LA school schedule is as follows, weather permitting:
- Port of Los Angeles High School, TBD but most likely Dec 19-20.
If you would like to volunteer to be a part of this historic program, please email email@example.com and Jim will connect you with the program in your area.
If you are interested in learning more about donations to fund the “Sea Bass In the Classroom” program please contact
Wayne Kotow at firstname.lastname@example.org .