The CCA CAL Los Angeles Chapter will be hosting its 2nd Annual BBQ fundraiser on May 20, 2017 at the Long Beach Rod and Gun Club from 10:30 am to 3 pm. Tickets will be $50 dollars each or $500 for a table and are available at the door.
The event will also feature a silent auction, target raffle, games, and a live auction at 1:30 pm.
Live Auction Items
- Redfish and Speckled Trout Texas Adventure for 2
- Trust/Will/Estate Planning Documents
- Cedros Island 4 Day Fishing Trip for 1
- BBQ for 20 From Calabasas Custom Catering
- Engel Cooler ENG 50
- Dodger Tickets Including Parking and Stadium Club Entry
- Magdalena Bay Panga Fishing For 2
- Shimano Reel and Phenix Rod Combo w/ Casting Lessons with Dick Schaffer
- Accurate Reel and Custom Batson Saltwater Rod Combo
- Okuma Reel and Cousins Rod Combo
John Ballotti, President of the Los Angeles Chapter, said, “I welcome everyone to join us for a day of great food and fun and all for a great cause. The CCA CAL is important to everyone who enjoys fishing and the outdoors. CCA CAL works hard to be your voice in standing up to the many obstacles to our outdoor way of life. The CCA CAL is working with many industry leaders on many fronts to preserve and enhance fishing opportunites for all the public to enjoy for many generations. One of CCA CAL’s main goals is to advocate for saltwater fishermen to keep our fisheries open and to prevent arbitrary no fishing zones.”
What has CCA CAL done for you lately?
- Partner with IGFA / AFTCO to lead the effort to eliminate destructive fishing gear.
- Outspoken critic of nonsensical lead ban proposal at Federal, State, and local levels.
- Worked with CDFW to implement the Lobster Fishery Management Plan.
- Lobby for our freedom to fish for bluefin tuna and not have them placed on the ESL.
- Attend many commission and committee hearings representing recreational anglers.
- National representation on MPA FAC.
- Fish replenishment by increasing finfish hatchery programs.
- Expand and enhance Youth and Marine Programs.
- Work with CDFW to build a consensus on a statewide network of artificial reefs.
- Encouraging SOCAL Edison to choose high relief option for Wheeler North Reef.
- Enhance Hatchery programs by providing insurance for Hubbs Sea World Research Institute white sea bass hatchery.
- Working with Hubs and CDFW to get the next hatchery fish authorized for release (first halibut broodstock already collected)
Join or renew your membership
Volunteer for local board of directors
Donate your expertise
Tickets are available at the door. We hope to see you there!