On Saturday, May 19, 2018 starting at 10:00 AM the Los Angeles Chapter of Coastal Conservation Association California (CCA CAL) will be holding is third annual LA Chapter BBQ / fundraiser presented by Okuma Fishing Tackle and the Los Angeles Rod and Reel Club at the Long Beach Rod and Gun Club located at 3333 Pacific Place, Long Beach, CA 90807.
Admission tickets are $50 and include CCA membership or renewal, fantastic BBQ provided by Calabasas Custom Catering, beer, wine, soft drinks and water.
Added to the LA Chapter BBQ this year are two popular fishing seminars, jig casting 101 by Dick Shaffer, a main stage speaker at the Long Beach Fred Hall Show, and Guadalupe Island gear and tackle by Sam Delatorre, owner of Island Fishing Tackle.
There will be a free raffle at each of the seminars. The seminars start at 10:30 AM.
Be sure to come early to get a good seat.
The Izorline knot strength machine will be on hand for those who want to try their best knot for LA Chapter BBQ bragging rights.
The LA Chapter BBQ will include a target raffle, silent and live auctions with fantastic prizes and trips round out the day. Please come and help the CCA CAL organization that is fighting for your fishing rights.
CCA CAL LA Chapter BBQ Auction Items
- Options 6 Pack – Overnight Charter for Up to 6 Anglers. Minimum Bid $1,200 (Retail Value $2,300)
This is an overnight charter for up to SIX people aboard one of the premier six-pack operations in Southern California. Options is a custom built 50 ‘ Sportfisher that plies the waters of the Southern California Bight. Bring your own gear or use the top-notch line of equipment provided by their sponsors; Accurate Reels, Phenix Rods, and Izorline. Live bait and fish cleaning are part of the charter. Guests will bring their own fishing licenses, food and drinks but are welcome to use everything in the galley. Trip leaves from Pierpoint Landing in Long Beach at 8:00 PM and returns the following evening at 6:30 PM. The trip can be upgraded to a day and a half or two day trip. Contact owner Bill Waddle (714) 681-4385 to make the reservation. Expires May 19, 2019. Subject to availability. Crew gratuities not included. Donated by Bill Waddle. NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE PICK OF THE STRINGER
- Trust/ Will/ Estate Planning Documents – Minimum Bid$1,000 (Market$2,500) You owe it to yourself and your family to prepare for the future. Here is the perfect opportunity to get it all done and help a good A professional estate attorney will guide you through the process and prepare the documents.
Don’t miss this opportunity for peace of mind. All face-to-face meetings must take place in the law offices located in Thousand Oaks and completed before May 19, 2019.
Donated by Randolph Sharon, Esq.
- Cedros Island 4 day Fishing Trip for 1 – Minimum Bid $800 (Market $1,680) This is a 4 day trip to calico / yellowtail heaven for 1 The trip includes: Round trip transfers from San Diego, Round trip flights from Ensenada to Cedros Island, 3 nights accommodations at the Zammar Palace, 2 days of panga fishing (12 hours each day), meals, soft drinks and water, daily maid service, fish cleaning, packing, and freezing. Not included are Mexican fishing license, visas, gratuities, alcohol, excess baggage and airplane rod fees, if any, vacuum sealing, and laundry services. You must have a valid passport to take this trip. Valid only May, June, September and October 2018. Blackout months are July and August. Trip date based on availability and must be reserved with another group of anglers booked with Baja Fishing Convoys to Cedros for the same requested dates. May be upgraded to a longer trip with a $1,680 credit. All conditions and restriction will apply to the upgrade. Baja Fishing Convoys and Zammar Cedros Fishing Destination are generously donating the trip. NOT AVAILABLE FOR PICK OF THE STRINGER
- BBQ for 20 – Calabasas Custom Catering – Minimum Bid$250 (Market$500) If you enjoyed today’s BBQ, imagine having 20 of your family and friends over to experience the same royal treatment. Calabasas Custom Catering will come to your home, office, or park and provide the same great food and service as you experienced The date of the BBQ must be a weekday or week- night. No weekends or holidays. The event must be within a 20-mile radius of the Long Beach Rod and Gun Club. See Paul at the BBQ station with any questions.
Donated by Paul Varenchik
- Engel Cooler ENG 85 – Minimum Bid $160 (Market $320)
This is the ultimate and the original Roto Molded High Performance Cooler with 50+ years of quality construction. Rugged, durable, and bear proof…nothing beats an Engel. Donated by Engel Coolers
- 4 Dodger Tickets including Parking and Stadium Club Entry –
Minimum Bid $350 (Ticket Face Value with Parking $650)
Tickets are for TUESDAY, July 3. 2018 AT 7:10 PM Pittsburg Pirates Section 4FD, Row S, Seats 9, 10,11,12. Park in Preferred Lot G, enjoy the Stadium Club, and then stroll to your seats behind home plate. PLAY BALL!! Advanced Reservations needed for the Stadium Club. Donated by Tim Manaka, FIA Insurance Services, Inc., NOT AVAILABLE FOR PICK OF THE STRINGER
- Guided Trout Fishing Trip for 2 in Breckenridge CO, Minimum Bid $800 (Retail Value $1,700)
Two days guided trout fishing with Bill Varney in the beautiful Breckenridge, CO area. Three nights stay in a one-bedroom suite at Breckenridge’s Beaver Run Resort (620 Village Road, Breckenridge, CO). Guided tour of Breckenridge area gold towns, restaurants, and bars. All fishing equipment provided upon request. Available dates are June 18 to 30 and August 13 to 31, 2018. Not included: travel to and from Breckenridge, food, CO fishing license, and gratuities. Donated by Bill Varney. NOT INCLUDED IN PICK OF THE STRINGER