Join us for the 2020 Channel Islands Chapter Calibut Challenge!
The CCA Channel Islands Chapter is hosting the 2020 Channel Islands Chapter Calibut Challenge on Saturday June 20th! We are inviting all anglers with kayaks, boats, or who are divers to fish with us from 6am to 6pm. Registration is $25 per angler, and we ask that all anglers please register by 6am PST on June 20th. All proceeds will go to CCA California! Fish are to be weighed in at Channel Islands Sportfishing from 3pm to 6pm.
- Kayaks, boats, and divers will each be in separate divisions in the Calibut Challenge.
- All participants must follow all guidelines set forth by the County of Ventura, including maintaining social distancing guidelines at all times.
- All participants are to fish from 6am to 6pm.
- All fish must be weighted in between 3pm and 6pm. No scores will be accepted beyond 6pm.
- All Calico Bass are to be brought to the weigh in alive, and must be released after they are weighed in. Halibut and other qualifying fish do not have to be alive at weigh in.
- This event is not a tournament, and is solely for “bragging rights”.
- All participants and anglers must remain respectful to other participants at all times.
- All anglers must adhere to all regulations set forth by the California Department of Fish & Wildlife, and also must adhere to all rules and regulations enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard pertaining to watercraft.
- Sharks, marlin and billfish do not qualify in the Calibut Challenge.