CCA CAL State Board Member Bill Varney will be hosting five surf fishing seminars in Southern California this Summer and Fall!
Varney’s seminars were in very high demand last year as each event drew capacity. Registration for each event will open two weeks before each seminar, and space is limited. There is a fee of $30 applied, which includes bait, instruction, donuts and coffee during each seminar.
Seminar 2019 Dates
MAY 18 2019 CRYSTAL COVE STATE BEACH
JUNE 22, 2019 OCEANSIDE HARBOR BEACH
AUGUST 2,3, 2019 SOUTH CARLSBAD STATE BEACH
AUGUST 9,10, 2019 CARPINTERIA STATE BEACH
OCTOBER 24-27, 2019 JALAMA BEACH (TENTATIVE)
1. REGISTRATION will only be available one to two weeks before each seminar. Be sure to sign up as soon as the seminars become available because space is limited. Once clinic is full you will not be able to access it in our store.
2. A $30.00 donation is appreciated and includes instruction and bait. You will need rod, reel, rigging and a license. A parking fee of $15.00 will be collected at the Park gate. Anglers of all ages are welcome. All bait will be provided. Children under the age of 16 are FREE. Proceeds from each event will be donated to CCA California for their on-going habitat restoration, hatcheries and angler education programs.
If you are unable to provide a donation, that is fine too and you are more than welcome to attend. Please email your contact info to us at: email@example.com and we will add you to our list. Sorry we can’t waive the parking fee.
3. To sign up for a seminar click on STORE above then click on SEMINARS (or “Click here to register”). You will only be able to register if registration is open and spots are available.
4. About one week before the event you will receive an email with time, place and tackle recommendations.
5. Check out our tackle store if you need some tackle before the seminar. Every purchase helps support this site and keeps fishthesurf going…..
6. We look forward to seeing you on the beach!