Captain’s Meeting on April 29th, @10 AM at Fast Lane Kayaks.
Afran Abutin from Warbaits will be our guest speaker and he’ll be talking about Bass fishing Mission Bay. Kevin Nakada from Hobie will also speak to the crowd with some tips for fishin’ inside and outside of the bay for that big fish side pot. Kevin will also be bringing some Hobie swag bags for all in attendance.
Please take the opportunity if you’re down in Mission Bay at the meeting to pre-fish the bay and practice with the iAngler app. You can upload photos to the app and get familiar with the system and your hawg trough before the event on May 6th.
Battle of the Bays Tournaments
- Two Kayak Fishing Tournaments
- May 6th – Dana Landing and Fast Lane Kayak Center in Mission Bay, San Diego.
- June 10th – King Harbor Yacht Club in Redondo Beach.
- Format – “Catch, Photo, and Release” – Calico, Spotty, and Sandbass
- Phone or digital camera and “Hawg Trough” must be used to participate.
- The i-Angler app will help facilitate the Tournament Director and Judges.
- I-Angler info – https://www.ianglertournament.com/about-iangler-tournament.
- Photos showing three longest bass wins each event.
- Entry fee – $60 per event. Must be a CCA California member.
- $20 Big Fish side pot available at both venues.
- 7am “shotgun start” ending at 1pm with a “weigh-in”.
- Lunch and a t-shirt available to each angler.
- Free parking.
- 1st place – $500 gift card
- 2nd place – $250 gift card
- 3rd place – $125 gift card
- 4th place – $75 gift card
- Grand Prize – 4-day kayak fishing trip to Cedros Island provided by Cedros Kayak Fishing.
- Registered participants receive a ticket for grand prize drawing at each event.
- Grand Prize awarded June 10th – King Harbor, Redondo Beach.
- Great Raffle Prizes
- Benefits Coastal Conservation Association of California.
- Complete Rules and Registration coming soon – battleofthebays.com.